THE RECENT RELEASE OF THE AUSTRALIAN ORGANIC MARKET
REPORT 2017 HAS HIGHLIGHTED THE IMPORTANCE OF ORGANIC
PRODUCTS FOR AUSTRALIANS IS GROWING and a Personal Health
Crisis is one of the number one factors for people choosing
The Australian Organic Market Report has been published for 2017 based on research by the Mobium Group, Swinburne University of Technology and ABS statistics.
Key findings from the 2017 Australian Organic Market Report include:
- The number of certified organic operations in Australia grew by 5%.
- The tonnes of organic products exported from Australia grew by 17%.
- Bakery items showed more than four-fold export growth between 2015 and 2016.
- Exports of sheep/lamb meat, cosmetics, alcoholic drinks, dairy products and chicken all showed exceptional growth.
- Australia has 53% of the world’s organic farmland
- More than two out of three Australian households (63%) purchased one organic product in the past year, with personal health having the strongest influence for the household buyer
- The top perceived benefits of buying organic include: chemical and additive free, environmentally friendly, free-range and non-GMO
- Production factors including origin and traceability of food are increasingly important to Australian consumers. Impacts on the environment was a key motivation for 41% of shoppers to start buying organic. New Australian Made Labelling Laws will now give consumers greater transparency and understanding of the true origin of products.
- Consumers prefer smaller health food and organic stores as trusted sources of certified organic vs the supermarket. This included 70% had the strongest confidence in specialised organic and wholefood stores
- People aged between 18 – 29), with their preferred shopping method being online via mobile phone
- Popular organic categories include fresh fruit and veg, followed by dairy, home-cooking ingredients and eggs
- Growth of sales in organic packaged food & beverages in 2017 is predicted to be 4.3%
- The awareness of organic certification continues to increase, with two-thirds of shoppers noting that an organic certification mark increases their confidence in purchasing an authentic product. Labelling and packaging deemed the number one source for gaining product information
- The largest barriers to purchase of organic products remain value, trust and access
Nature’s Child has been loved as Australia’s first organic baby store since 2000 by Organic Mums and Dads all over Australia. Our Brand can be found in the USA, Malaysia, New Zealand and the UK as well as health food stores and some IGA stores throughout Australia.
- Nature’s Child is the premier voice and authority on organic integrity in the baby industry in Australia. You can contact Nature’s Child at email@example.com to stock our premium certified organic baby skincare and organic cotton for your store.To view the report in full visit: http://austorganic.com/ao-market-report/You can download your copy of the report australian organic market report