Merino Kids Cocooi Beanie & Booties Set 0-3 Months
Crafted from 100% natural pure merino wool for all day wear for babies 0 – 4 months. The Merino Kids Beanie & Bootie set is made from 100% superfine merino and has been designed specifically for the NB-3mths age group making this a stunning baby gift for your baby or a dear family or friend.
Our Full Range of Merino Wool and Organic Cotton Baby Clothing can be viewed here.
- All season versatility – Merino regulates body temperature so baby won’t overheat or wake up chilled
For newborns up to 3 months.
- Comfortably lightweight, luxuriously soft, allergy-safe. No polyester.
- The fine-spun soft merino fabric is comfortably lightweight yet provides superior warmth-to-weight insulation and will keep your newborn baby much warmer than cotton. Merino also breathes exceptionally well and, unlike polyester, it readily absorbs and releases moisture to keep your baby warm without overheating.
- The air temperature in a nursery can fluctuate and a newborn baby often wakes either too hot or too cold because it takes time for their body to develop the full capability to regulate its temperature. Merino fabric has the remarkable natural ability to absorb and release moisture, to cool or warm your baby’s body, regulating their body temperature to compensate for changes in room temperature. The Cocooi Newborn Bootie and Beanie Set is ideal in any season because of this temperature-regulating capability.
- Made entirely of natural fiber, the Cocooi Newborn Bootie and Beanie Set is safe to use for babies with allergies, eczema and sensitive skin unless your baby has the extremely rare wool allergy.
- Merino is naturally fire resistant and the Cocooi Newborn Bootie and Beanie Set is rated low fire risk. It has not been treated with fireproofing chemicals commonly applied to polyester which can irritate baby skin.
- Machine washable. Quick drying. Can be tumble-dried.
MERINO WOOL BREATHES AND CONTROLS MOISTURE
A unique feature of merino is that it absorbs perspiration from the skin and releases it into the air. This means your child will never feel clammy since humidity between skin and garment is lowered.
IT CONTROLS TEMPERATURE Babies can lose heat rapidly, as much as four times more quickly than adults. Babies under 12 months have dif culty regulating their own temperature, even in a warm environment. When temperature is regulated and maintained a baby will become more relaxed, gain weight and sleep longer.
IT REDUCES CHANCES OF SKIN ALLERGIES
Merino is unlike traditional wool in that each bre has a silky outer layer, creating an extremely soft, ne texture. Super ne merino fabric is comfortable to wear without itch, and safe to use for babies with eczema, allergies and sensitive skin. It forms a natural micro-climate around your baby’s body, keeping them at an ideal temperature in all climates and conditions and keeping their skin dry and less prone to eczema. It’s also lightweight and odour resistant.
MERINO WOOL CAN IMPROVE SLEEP ROUTINES
Medical studies have proven that merino improves the sleep patterns of babies and infants. At the Cambridge Maternity Hospital in 1979, Scott and Richards revealed that babies sleeping on merino settled more quickly, cried less, fed better and gained weight faster.